resistant lug nuts

The lug nuts on my 2010 Civic LX were so resistant to their removal that I had to call a tow truck to help me take off a flat tire. They were so sluggish, the
"foot on the handle" technique would not work.
So my question is, "Would it be okay to spray the wheel bolts with a "WD-40-like spray," to avoid a similar situation in the future?"

Use anti seize.
On 11/03/2012 12:18 PM, Ivory123 wrote:

wherever it is that you last went to get your tires/brakes done, don't go there again. the final stage of replacing wheel lug nuts should be use of a torque wrench. your place clearly used an impact wrench and over-tightened.
sure, a little lube is fine, but don't use a spray. droplets go everywhere, including brake disks. you don't want that.
--
fact check required

No.
The correct approach is to make sure they're torqued to the correct 80 ft-lbs.
If you use anti-seize, the torque figure must be reduced by 10%.
--
Tegger

On Saturday, November 3, 2012 3:18:07 PM UTC-4, Ivory123 wrote:

to call a tow truck to help me take off a flat tire. They were so sluggish, the "foot on the handle" technique would not work.

I don't think the wheels have been off of the car since I bought it. At any rate, I intend to ask the dealer to tell the mechanics to set the torque at 80 ft. lbs.