Ridgeline 06

Gas cap! Make sure you twist it on tight. The service light comes on if you do not.

35,000 miles on this truck and it goes off road in muddy fields, grass land and woods almost weekly being used as a work vehicle by a land surveying company and the only time it has been in the shop was because of the gas cap not being put on properly.

The gas cap is the first weekness so far. The company I work for used to drive a Chevy 2500 which used to literally sink in the mud as it sat for too long. That truck was always in the shop for brakes or other engine problems.

Anyone else find any faults with the ridgeline?

-David

Reply to
David

Just out of curiosity, what year was the last car you owned? Was it older than 1996?

The gas cap thing applies to ALL vehicles of model years 1996 and newer by ALL manufacturers, as well as some pre-'96 ones. This is how OBD-II works.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

Ed

Reply to
ed

Agreed. This is nothing unique to the Ridgeline. You have to fill it up and turn the cap until it clicks 3+ times. I heard that on a new Chevy I bought YEARS ago.

To read up on how happy owners seem to be about the Ridgeline, check out -

Good luck.

Reply to
garray