Ridgeline

Truck Trend hints Honda may kill the Ridge. Anyone have any news?

This is not much to refute that, but at the Honda new owners get together at my dealer, they were very happy/excited about the record the Ridgeline has so far. chas

I love the concept, but think it is about 2-4K too expensive and the bed is a little short.
I would buy a Pilot instead of a Ridgeline.

Thinking about buying one..Its either this or a Sport Trac.. Is there any reason for the rumours ?(Reliability, Sales) It seems a very nicely put together truck and suits us nicely.The Dakota feels too plastic and the Canyon, Frontier and Toyota are too small in the rear seat.

Jeff wrote:

Have you ever owned a Honda before? If you've only ever owned 'domestics', you'll probably be so happy you'll wonder what took you so long. It will probably last forever or until some idiot slides through a stop sign and hits you.
'Curly'

No this is our first import but I`m well aware of the longevity of Hondas. Price is the only problem as the Honda seems about 3 0r $4000 more than GM and the Fords. As I said, the only other we`re looking at is the Sport Trac.

Guy I work with had owned two SportTracs in a row and was going for a third just two months ago. He was quite surprised when the dealer wouldn't haggle at all on the prices so he ended up with a Dodge Ram Club Cab. I don't know he even looked at a Honda, but see if your dealers will haggle on prices.
I bought one in February, 2006. Absolutely love the truck, tough as nails, rides and handles beautifully. Magazine says due to so-so sales. I would buy another and hope they continue to build it.

Jeff: Get the Honda. For the extra three or four grand, it will last three or four or more years than the Sport Trac. It's also a lot safer...which is usually the cause for the price increase. Sport Tracs roll over very easily (I know from experience...) and, while the initial cost isn't as high as the Ridgeline, if you get it high in miles repairs get expensive also.
I'd go with the Honda. It's bigger, safer, and more reliable.
Jeff wrote:

Jeff, I highly recommend the Ridgeline. It's not going anywhere. I was at a national meet for the Ridgeline Owners Club and Gary Flint, chief engineer, gave us a presentation. For what it is, the Ridgeline is top notch all the way around. Spend plenty of time in one and you'll see that Honda really thought about this one. Stop by the Ridgeline Owners Club forums too. You'll see how happy owners are. Some are downright obsessed with this truck. Good luck.