Rusty gas pedal?

Recently the gas pedal on my 2001 CR-V seems to be "not smooth". Say at the stop light, when I step on it to go, somtimes I have to force on it harder to get the pedal to depress (but once it is depressed, it
moves smoothly)... it's almost like the joint is rusty and need lubrication... What could be the problem? When I bring it to the mechanics, how much money should I bring with me? (I know, it is difficult to estimate, but roughly what kind of a job is this? Like an alignment or an engine complete overhaul?? Just want to get an idea)
Thanks for any opinion.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

The throttle body needs cleaned.
Get yourself a can of throttle body cleaner and a rag, pull the air intake away from the throttle body, and give it a decent cleaning.
Spray the rag and wipe--don't spray inside the throttle body.
Spend some time on it, do it well.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

If a mechanic does it, $100.