"S" light

A green "S" light indicator in a square came on after oil change. Located by temperature guage. We do not know what it is for.

1990 Honda Accord
Reply to
Cindie

Cindie wrote in news:989059_fc97f31d217d9ff719752e67f3a2e985 @autoboardz.com:

There is a problem with the transmission.

Count the blinks from the Transmission Control Unit's LED, located under the forward part of the passenger's carpet. Pull the carpet back, turn the ignition to "II" and read the blinks.

The PGM-FI ECU also has an LED, which may also be blinking a code, so count those too, if needed. The ECU is next to the TCM.

Any unusual symptoms? Strange shifting behavior?

Reply to
Tegger

Did they do away with the blinking LED from 90 to 91? I had to troubleshoot the "S" on my 91 for the VSS, and actually had to jumper the clip behind the passenger kick panel. I was just wondering.

Reply to
dannd

snipped-for-privacy@charter.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

From my experiences and the documentation I have, Honda put an LED on the face of the ECU and TCM up to 1991. This LED was activated whenever the ignition switch was turned to "II".

For 1992 Honda did an across-the-board revision of all their ECUs and of error-reading procedures. From that point on, you had to jump the Service Check connector to read codes from lights on the dashboard. Prior to that, the Service Check connector was only jumped when you were setting base ignition timing.

I could be wrong on the above, but I can't find evidence of that.

Reply to
Tegger

innews: snipped-for-privacy@b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

I do remember the ECU having an LED but I know for sure my TCU didn't. I had to jumper it to get the code. Thanks for the feedback.

Reply to
dannd

"Sport" shift button depressed?

Reply to
Thom

Sometimes the most obvious answer is the correct one. :-)

Would there be a link for the online OWNER'S MANUAL for a 1990 accord?

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

This link might help: