S Light on a honda accord

My girlfriend has a 1990 Accord LX Automatic, theres a S light on the lower right of the dash. It flashes after driving it about 2 minutes. The speedometer is not working, my ? is what is the S light. I think its a transmission code but not sure. Im thinkin it needs a speedsensor since the speedometer isnt workin. But i have not looked it to it yet. What all should i check for the speedometer? thanks guys.

Reply to
Shawn T

Howard H

the 's' light on my 1990 prelude comes on if there is a problem with the auto box. the chilton manual has no mention of what to do,but the local honda garage may help,if you want to pay that much!!! cheers hope this helps

Reply to
Mark Smith

As far as your speedometer issue goes, I do believe you have an electronic VSS (vehicle speed sensor) instead of a cable VSS. These run anywhere from $15-$100+ depending where you shop around. You should check with your Helm's manual and troubleshoot it yourself (if you can change your oil, then you can check if your VSS is bad). Other than that, what the others have said about the "S" light is right on the money. Hope this helps.

Reply to
Spoonless Shell

Reply to
rafal slodkowski