S Light on a honda accord

My girlfriend has a 1990 Accord LX Automatic, theres a S light on the lower right of the dash. It flashes after driving it about 2 minutes. The speedometer is not working, my ? is what is the S light. I think its a
transmission code but not sure. Im thinkin it needs a speedsensor since the speedometer isnt workin. But i have not looked it to it yet. What all should i check for the speedometer? thanks guys.
The "S" light indicator should be for the sport mode of your transmission. There is a button on the side of your transmission select lever (console stick shift) if you push that will turn off the lamp and put your trans back to normal mode.

auto box. the chilton manual has no mention of what to do,but the local honda garage may help,if you want to pay that much!!! cheers hope this helps

As far as your speedometer issue goes, I do believe you have an electronic VSS (vehicle speed sensor) instead of a cable VSS. These run anywhere from $15-$100+ depending where you shop around. You should check with your Helm's manual and troubleshoot it yourself (if you can change your oil, then you can check if your VSS is bad). Other than that, what the others have said about the "S" light is right on the money. Hope this helps.
does she has any weird problems starting up yet?, and yes 90 has vss, doesnt necessary means that vss is cooked, could be main relay as well, flashing "s" could be tripped by tranny, what's the millage on that accord?