S2000 Maintenance Light

does anyone know how to reset the maintenance light?

The Owners Manual will cover that for you. Or you could call your dealership and they might tell you, or try to sell you an Owners Manual.
Brian
On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 19:23:04 GMT, "Brian Smith"

the key on, it will reset after ten seconds. Chip
Thanks Chip! Easy
does anyone know how to reset the maintenance light?<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;The Owners Manual will cover that for you. Or you could call your dealership <BR>&gt;&gt;and they might tell you, or try to sell you an Owners Manual.<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt;Brian <BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp; hold the two buttons on the right side of the guage cluster and turn<BR>&gt; the key on, it will reset after ten seconds.<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Chip</FONT></BODY></HTML> ------=

Amazing you could read it here but you couldn't read it in the Owners Manual!
amazing you don't have a life

But I do have a life, and it doesn't involve wasting other people's time finding out information that I can look up myself.
Brian
On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 21:19:29 GMT, "Brian Smith"

question asked questio answered. no problem except waste of time posts by you

My point is that if the person looking for the answer was to read the Owners Manual, he would have found the answer much faster.
Brian

As a strictly practical matter: newbies will always be joining in and asking newbie questions. There is no way to stop this short of restricting the distribution or ability to post. No amount of discussion will change this.
Other groups post FAQs on a regular basis to try and address this.

Newbie questions are one thing; asking to be spoon-fed the contents of the owner's manual is something else entirely.
Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

The "newbie" problem is they don't know to look there. So these questions will continue to re-occur, and re-occur, and ...
I don't see how it helps to give them a "dope slap" for not knowing what they don't know.

I have absolutely NO sympathy for anyone who buys a car and then never picks up the owners manual, going to the Usenet instead.
The owner's manual is chock full of information on your shiny new $XX,000 toy, whereby the Usenet is chock full of misinformation on every subject in the world.
But then, the Usenet is easier, so it's obvious to see why people would go there to see how to operate that shiny new car.
I have no sympathy for anyone who buys a car and never picks up the owner's manual, period.
What would these people do if they bought a new TV and wanted to know how it works? Ignore the manual and start blasting out "how do I make the remote control work my VCR?" all over the net?

Are you familiar with the phrase: "preaching to the choir"?
I know this subject is a hot potato, but I never assume people have owner's manuals for a car that is two or more model years old. The car may have been bought used, and a *lot* of used cars are missing their manuals. A quick tally tells me that of the twelve cars I've owned over the past 35 years only four have had owner's manuals with them... and three of those cars were bought new. In fact, I've had far more service manuals than owner's manuals. I think previous owners had taken them out of the glove box to make room for other junk and then lost them.
Personally, I prefer to just give people the benefit of the doubt.
Mike
I can see you have a life. all you do is read all the post that don't pertain to any subjects the matter to you. You couldn't go without one day without being on this board, Me, I am getting paid while I'm it, and paid very well.

How much is your allowance? I was wondering if I'm paying my children too much!

LOL!

Could you translate that 'statement' into English?