Safe to drive with a PO420 code

98 Accord V6 with 108,000 miles
Looks like I have to replace the cat. Is the car safe to drive until I get it into the shop?
60 miles daily on highway...

TIA
Pop

No prob. No harm done.
And that code is P-zero, not P-oh. As in P0420.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Thanks, I didnt think so.

I had the same situation. Drove with the Check Engine light on for about 500 miles. Honda dealer said it was OK. Checked the code and needed a cat converter. Was told it would cost $1000. Honda only covers to 80K and I had 108K. I complained and actually got them to pay for 1/2 which saved me $500. Ask them about it.