Saw a Yaris today looks good

I saw a blue Toyolet Yaris hatch today: looked better than Fit. So subcompact would-be owners probably face this dilemma: Fit: good internals, questionable looks, high price
Yaris: shitty internals, good looks, soft suspension, shitty 5sp, 4th place finish in the recent C&D test, cheap (Spaz factor???).
Opinions?
At almost $15k you'd think that Fit would get most of the Civic's sheetmetal. Go figure.
Body Roll wrote:

What is so shitty about the Yaris' internals and 5-speed tranny? At least the Yaris is a much better all around car than, say, the Chevy Aveo!

although both come from mfrs with a good record. I doubt either Honda or Toyota is going to make a dog.
Mike

The Civic much more so than the Fit, since the Fit is a proven model in other countries. The basic platform has been put through the wringer already elsewhere; only the US-specific components and the service organization are new.
The Civic, though, is all new all around.

Fit if you ever need to carry anything big. Yaris also good, but nowhere near as versatile. The quality of both is appropriate for the price.
Jazz (Fit) has just been hailed as the most reliable car you can buy in the UK (450 surveyed and no break-downs in a year IIRC).
Skippy E&OE
Skippy wrote:

Personally, Iove the styling of the Fit Sport. My wife plans to get a red one in several months. She just got a promotion and a car allowance is part of the package.

Well mine is red. definitely the best colour. I love it, which is handy I suppose!
Skippy E&OE
My wife thought that she wanted a Yaris until she saw one 'in the tin' and so we spent half that much on a 2003 Civic EX! Thanks to all of you new car buyers that provide product to us used car buyers!!

Just saw my first 2-door Yaris (hatch?), tiny tiny tall little car. Good formula, really, I think. A lot smaller than the four-door by my eyeballing, I haven't looked up the specs.
The only current Fit is 4-door (5-door), right?
J.
JXStern wrote:

Isn't the Yaris just the Echo/Scion mechanicals wrapped in a different skin?
John

Dunno.
Replaces the Echo in market slot, more or less.
J.