SCAMS?

It appears there's a troll posting from a gmail account. "keyless entry installation" "car dent repair,got scammed" "Honda clutch kit"
And; "amazing opportunity".
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jim Yanik wrote:

LOL! I don't know about the Honda clutch kit poster but the other two are definitely using the right free mail provider. They are definitely worthy of Goofy Mail accounts.
Troll or Idiot, what's the difference? <g>
Uh- well I posted about the Honda clutch kit- I use gmail ( snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMgmail.com). Don't THINK I'm a troll. Guess I could be. Would still like to know the best place to get a clutch kit, though.
Thanks, Bill Tice Phone number available by e-mail
Unquestionably Confused wrote:

I guess I could use one of my other addresses- but google makes it rather easy to post using a gmail address. I didn't know it was uncouth to use gmail. I'm rather a big fan of theirs.
Bill (again)
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

gmail and hotmail have gained a reputation for being favorite tools of trolls and scammers, because they are disposable. I agree with you, though; I have my ISP mailbox (the one that shows up here) but I actually prefer my Yahoo mailbox. It's a hassle to reply through the ISP because that one only accepts posts through dial-up, while Yahoo works seamlessly through broadband and has much better spam filtering.
Mike
- the Usenet just doesn't care. My email is 'munged' - it has an extra letter added, but a human being could reasonably be expected to dope it out. (And some computer programs, maybe).
IMO, 'keyless entry', 'got scammed', and 'clutch kit' are not trollish in the least. I did not find 'amazing opportunity' (story of my life), but that subject line pretty much gives it away.
-- R Flowers

I dunno - the first three posts seem legit enough and not very troll-like. The last looks like typical spam. Am I missing something? (Although it is a lot of gmail activity suddenly.)
Mike