Search for new honda ends rather quickly.

Armed with all of the information I had gleaned from this group and armed with NADA values and CARFAX reports, I went in search of a suitable Honda Accord. I found my first choice sitting on the lot, negotiated a price, arranged financing, and drove it home. It is a

2006 Honda Accord with the 2.4 liter 4 cylinder with all of the gadgets I wanted, plus alloy wheels.

This was a faster and more pleasant experience than I anticipated.

Elliot Richmond Itinerant astronomy teacher

Reply to
Elliot Richmond

Enjoy it! I've put 183,000 miles on my '01 and the only 2 non-scheduled items it's needed thus far are the EGR service ($350) and a wheel bearing ($225).

Other than that, nothing but fluid changes, tires, brakes and a timing belt.

Reply to
Seth

Always in the last place you look! Auto or manual tranny?

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Well, I know many on this Usenet group loves manual transmissions, but spousal unit does not. So we have the five speed automatic. I know the V6s had transmission problems for a couple of years, but I never heard of any problems with the I4s. It shifts smoothly, accelerates briskly, downshifts appropriately, and so forth.

Elliot Richmond Itinerant astronomy teacher

Reply to
Elliot Richmond

Bbut - what *color* is it?

J.

Reply to
JXStern

I have an I4 06 coupe auto -- after owning a Prelude. Find the car very pleasant and the I4 gives excellent performance. You don't need the V6.

Reply to
tww1491

Unfortunately, "a" says his is a dog on performance therefore you must be lying! For shame tww1491, didn't your parents raise you properly!

Reply to
Say What?

Some sort of silvery color, like a million others.

Elliot Richmond Itinerant astronomy teacher

Reply to
Elliot Richmond

I am 66 years old and have owned everything from a 64 XKE to big block Vettes. I know what I am talking about. I resent you comment about my upbringing. Yours is obvious.

Reply to
tww1491

He was joking. Some troll by the name of "a" has been disputing the calculated MPG of some of our Hondas, claiming that they were bullshit. I don't remember if it was on this newsgroup or on rec.autos.makers.honda.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

HTM is correct, tww1491. I wasn't taking a slap at you, just rubbing "a's" nose it a bit. I believe you and it's likely that most everyone else (except "a") does as well.

Say What?

Tell me about it. I got the silver, but felt guilty about it.

The number of monochrome cars on the road these days is astounding - white, silver, dark grey, black.

Reply to
JXStern

We have that 2.4 liter, 140 khz motor in one of our Accords in Australia as well and I must say it's a beautiful motor as is the 5 speed auto. Mine is blue pearl, a good color and not nearly as common as those others mentioned above.

Reply to
simon