Search for new honda ends rather quickly.

Armed with all of the information I had gleaned from this group and armed with NADA values and CARFAX reports, I went in search of a suitable Honda Accord. I found my first choice sitting on the lot,
negotiated a price, arranged financing, and drove it home. It is a 2006 Honda Accord with the 2.4 liter 4 cylinder with all of the gadgets I wanted, plus alloy wheels.
This was a faster and more pleasant experience than I anticipated.
Elliot Richmond Itinerant astronomy teacher

Enjoy it! I've put 183,000 miles on my '01 and the only 2 non-scheduled items it's needed thus far are the EGR service ($350) and a wheel bearing ($225).
Other than that, nothing but fluid changes, tires, brakes and a timing belt.

Always in the last place you look! Auto or manual tranny?
On Thu, 5 Jul 2007 18:46:36 -0700, "Michael Pardee"

Well, I know many on this Usenet group loves manual transmissions, but spousal unit does not. So we have the five speed automatic. I know the V6s had transmission problems for a couple of years, but I never heard of any problems with the I4s. It shifts smoothly, accelerates briskly, downshifts appropriately, and so forth.
Elliot Richmond Itinerant astronomy teacher

I have an I4 06 coupe auto -- after owning a Prelude. Find the car very pleasant and the I4 gives excellent performance. You don't need the V6.
tww1491 wrote:

Unfortunately, "a" says his is a dog on performance therefore you must be lying! For shame tww1491, didn't your parents raise you properly!<g>

I am 66 years old and have owned everything from a 64 XKE to big block Vettes. I know what I am talking about. I resent you comment about my upbringing. Yours is obvious.

tww1491 wrote:

He was joking. Some troll by the name of "a" has been disputing the calculated MPG of some of our Hondas, claiming that they were bullshit. I don't remember if it was on this newsgroup or on rec.autos.makers.honda.
High Tech Misfit wrote:

HTM is correct, tww1491. I wasn't taking a slap at you, just rubbing "a's" nose it a bit. I believe you and it's likely that most everyone else (except "a") does as well.
Bbut - what *color* is it?
J.
On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 19:48:22 -0500, Elliot Richmond

Some sort of silvery color, like a million others.
Elliot Richmond Itinerant astronomy teacher
On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 20:31:43 -0500, Elliot Richmond

Tell me about it. I got the silver, but felt guilty about it.
The number of monochrome cars on the road these days is astounding - white, silver, dark grey, black.

We have that 2.4 liter, 140 khz motor in one of our Accords in Australia as well and I must say it's a beautiful motor as is the 5 speed auto. Mine is blue pearl, a good color and not nearly as common as those others mentioned above.