Seat belt reminder

Anyone successful in defeating the reminder? 2006 Ridgeline

Reply to
ed

Every time I get in the vehicle. No problem.

Reply to
Brian Smith

"ed" wrote in news:4cb51$4433ca2b$48319539$ snipped-for-privacy@FUSE.NET:

Can't be done without either

1) removing the multifunction panel from its hiding place and unsoldering the beeper, or 2) doing up the belt behind your back.

They make it tough these days. Real annoying in parking lots and when moving cars in and out of the driveway, isn't it?

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Yes it is.

Reply to
David Wynne

I have been told a dealer can defeat this with the hand held programmer. Is this correct? I just want to drive the fencerows at the farm without this annoiance.

Reply to
Ed

Find a honda in the junk yard that has a similar seat belt latch. Cut the seat belt latch/coupling from the belt and buy that part. Put the seat belt latch/coupling inside the belt latch on your Ridgeline drivers side. Now the truck will automatically assume the seat belt is fasened even though it isn't.

Reply to
twothousandtwoto2007