Seatbelt ding-ding-ding - 2005 Accord

Is there anyway to turn off the ding ding ding seatbelt warning on the 95 Accord EX? The light is fine, just the sound. Thanks

Reply to
RodgerDodger=)i

"RodgerDodger=\)i" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

1) Buckle belt behind your back. 2) Go to wrecker's. Cut buckle off old belt. Insert that into receptacle as desired.
Reply to
TeGGeR®

Reply to
Grahame

Reply to
T L via CarKB.com

Seat belts save lifes, so buckup!

Reply to
mopa

Then go kill yourself, taking care not to injure any innocents...

Reply to
Larry J.

Wear it stupid!!!!

Reply to
Harry

Yes, thanks. I buckle everywhere. Everywhere, except, my 140 home neighborhood that I drive 2mph mailbox to mailbox to deliver association fliers (not in the mailbox of course for you postal inspectors) and the seatbelt straps me in so well, I cannot reach out far enough to make a safe delivery. So, for the 2 hour period once per month, I was hoping to to be ding free.

Yes, thanks. I buckle everywhere. Everywhere, except, my 140 home neighborhood that I drive 2mph mailbox to mailbox to deliver association fliers (not in the mailbox of course for you postal inspectors) and the seatbelt straps me in so well, I cannot reach out far enough to make a safe delivery. So, for the 2 hour period once per month, I was hoping to to be ding free.

Reply to
RodgerDodger=)i

Ha. RodgerDodger shut you yahoos down... lol

"RodgerDodger=)i" wrote

Reply to
Elle

The smartest way to disable the sound is to wear the seatbelt. That way you won't become disabled.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Smith

On 9/6/2005 5:28 PM RodgerDodger=)i spake these words of knowledge:

As someone said, buckle it behind you. No problem.

RFT!!! Dave Kelsen

Reply to
Dave Kelsen

"Grahame" wrote in news:GUqTe.11436$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com:

Harder than it sounds. It means removing the Integrated Control Module from its (very good) hiding place, and putting a wood screw in the speaker to stop the diaphragm from vibrating. This is what I've done with my Integra.

I was going to just unsolder the speaker and replace it with a resistor, but I don't know how to determine the rating of resistor that would be needed.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Why would you need to replace the speaker with a resistor?

Reply to
Grahame

"Grahame" wrote in news:0qITe.14710$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com:

I supposed that the module would expect some sort of current and resistance to be present in that location, otherwise problems may arise.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

I suggest swapping the wiring on the plug under the seat to swap the normally open/normally closed contacts. That way it will only annoy people who buckle/use the seat belt. If you just unplug the connector, it will flag an SRS error which will have to be manually cleared.

Reply to
Erik Nelson

Reply to
Grahame

Can't blame "TeGGeR®" for erring on the side of caution, but I'm inclined to agree with you. However, suppose the "speaker" is piezo? Probably your main argument still applies, but the resistance would be way high, rather than nearly zero.

Reply to
Doug McCrary

"Doug McCrary" wrote in news:Z08Ue.3504$%f2.1385@trnddc09:

Ignorance breeds caution, hence my decision to simply hand-tighten a short #8 wood screw against the metal diaphragm through the hole in the speaker's plastic top. I can undo this any time I want.

In this case, it is. It's the same sort of "speaker" you find on computer modems and motherboards. It's maybe a half-inch across, and three-eighths thick.

Thus requiring a resistor?

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Reply to
Grahame

Unlikely. As Grahame says, there's probably no 'sense' circuit, and either way, it's unlikely to cause anything to burn up. High power stuff that might fail to to over/underload usually has the sensing. Most other stuff is designed to handle anything from a dead short to open without fail.

Reply to
Doug McCrary