seatbelt reminder chime on 2006 accord

Anyone have any luck disabling the seatbelt reminder on a 2006 Accord? Can I unplug the sensor under the seat without setting off a code?

guy quartarone wrote:

Buckle up before starting the car.

The new cars will not allow silencing the seatbelt chime the way you used to be able to. Beeper control is part of the multifunction unit under the dash, which uses the seat sensor as one of its inputs. Disconnecting the sensor will not have the effect you want.
The chime is amazingly annoying when all you're doing is crawling in a parking lot, or moving cars in the driveway. I wish they would have it kick in only after the car reaches 15-20mph or so.
There are two realistically possible ways to shut the chime up if you need to: 1) Go to the wreckers. Cut a buckle off a wreck's belt. Insert that into the receptacle as needed. 2) Do up belt behind your back.
A third way (requiring some mechanical and electrical aptitude) is to remove the multifunction unit and unsolder/snip the little beeper button, which is the same as those used on computer motherboards. This kills ALL chimes, including the key-in/door open warning.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Ummm...here's a dumb solution...why don't you just wear your seatbelt? This IS the purpose of the seatbelt chime.
56 percent of all automobile fatalities in 2003 could have been prevented if the occupants of the vehicles involved in the accidents wore their seatbelts. At least 75 percent of those occupants would have lived.

I should be able to disable that so called feature. After all I don't think it's the governments right to determine if I live or die. Hell here in florida we have seatbelt laws but you can ride a motorcycle without a helmet!!! Same in Illinois. Chip
chip wrote: . . . . . here in florida we have seatbelt laws but you can ride a motorcycle

Your state government is just trying to get rid of the dumber bikers. :-(
Cold.
'Curly'