Sending messages to the group

I find it difficult to reply to the group's messages. My messages to
permanently" notices. An inquiry at yielded,
after two weeks, this message,
"you can't post to a Usenet newsgroup via email through Google Groups. However, if you create your own Google Group, you and your group members will be able to post to it via email."
Because I am a member of I should be able to post to Usenet newsgroup. Is this the same as Google Group? I am confused.
I have to post my messages using the web, but I would prefer to post using email.