Service schedule for 2007 Accord

that's retarded. it's like putting a sophisticated computerized usage monitoring system [developed over many years and at the cost of many millions of dollars] on an expensive piece of machinery, then using a calendar to find out when it's due for maintenance. oh, wait...

Reply to
jim beam

Every (approximate) 7500 miles the service needed light will come on and a code will be shown (at least on my 07 v6 accord). That code will be referenced in either the owners manual or the service log manual that came with the car.

For the V6 at 7500 it was an oil change ($9.95) at my dealer if you bought the car there. At 15,000 it was oil change, rotate and balance, top fluids and check filters, brakes, suspension and for loose things etc. That was about $100 including oil change. At 22,500 it will be $9.95 oil change again. Pretty cheap in this phase of the cars life.

Howard

Reply to
Howard

Exactly.

I saw this new widget, and my reaction was, "hey, cute, it reminds you TO LOOK IN THE BOOK. Then I looked in the book, and it says, "light comes on, go to dealer." Huh? Where's the map? It would be GOOD DOCUMENTATION to include the map in the users manual, that the widget is following.

So, to resolve the issue, preparatory to calling the dealer who I quite expect to attempt some modest rip-offs, I come and ask a question.

Read the manual. Come on, guys, who on earth RTFMs? More to the point, who on earth writes manuals worth reading? This one sucked. It should have said, "Hey, we're serious, there isn't a fixed schedule anymore, but here's the rough order the widget will follow."

AND, they should tell the f'ing dealers, so they can list "A-1 service for $9.95, B-1 service for $69.95," or whatever. Since that does NOT appear on their flyers, that is ANOTHER mismatch the Honda organization can work on.

For that matter, why have codes in a book? Have a little voice come out of the dash, "Honored Honda driver, please take car to dealer-san for service and have them change my oil!" A-1. What kind of system design is that?

J.

Reply to
JXStern

yeah. I mean, you just spent $25,000 on your shiny new toy--why should you bother to know anything about it?

Ignorance is to be celebrated, right? Just like the boyz in the hood. Keepin' it real, right?

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Exactly.

But he doesn't want to be bothered to read the manual. Apparently, spending $25,000 for a shiny new toy isn't enough for him to want to know how it all works.

I bet he blindly signed his mortgage papers and never had a lawyer check everything over, either. After all, it's only $300,000. Why spend $600 on a lawyer to tell him anything about it?

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

"JXStern" wrote

You read the F one for your nice new SONY Bravia, didn't you?

BTW, if you don't trust your dealer to tell you the truth about required service and service intervals, you shouldn't be going there.

Reply to
Howard Lester

Apparently, those of us who provided you with the substantive answers to your question(s) read it. Thus, we were able to provide the answer. Are we seeing a pattern here?

You apparently didn't read it properly. The schedule is pretty well fixed, what is variable is the service interval.

That would be an invaluable system for the dolts incapable of reading and/or understanding the printed word but would undoubtedly add to the cost of the vehicle.

Reply to
Say What?