Shell's new "nitrogen" gasolin

Page 2 of 2
On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 06:47:43 +0000, Edward W. Thompson

Yes, I think Shell, like all purveyors of products, is trying to mislead us into thinking their product is somehow superior to all the others. It may be. But I still maintain that they are simply adding some inexpensive nitrogenous solvent and doing a spiffy routine with smoke and mirrors to convince us it really makes a difference. Do seriously think they are not?
By the way, not that anybody gives a rat's patootie, but I have also taught high school chemistry.
Elliot Richmond Itinerant astronomy teacher
Elliot Richmond wrote:

i think there's medication available for people like you.

you're joking, right? the guy that doesn't know the difference between compounded nitrogen and molecular nitrogen? /please/ say you're joking.
On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 19:29:53 -0700, jim beam wrote:

It's a shame that there isn't any for people with your affliction.
There is no known cure for stupidity. You were born that way, and will be that way your entire miserable life.

And the difference is?
--
Clive

Clive wrote:

molecular is is just N2 - stuff you pump tires with. compounded is N + anything else, like HNO3.
Edward W. Thompson wrote:

WTF??
Until you can 'contribute' without taking shots at people, why don't YOU STFU?
You sound an awful lot like our resident Rabid Net Kook, JB. Are you one of his sock puppets?