Should have bought a 2012 Civic!

I knew I shouldn't have bought a damn Korean or American car. My Elantra gets about 23MPG on a good day, and it turns out it's not just mine! Also the new Ford's and Chevy's are already falling apart.

Meanwhile the regular Civics, not even the Hybrids mind you, are kicking ass and taking names when it comes to real-world MPG!

Elmo's a moron.

Reply to
Ben

Here's a short link to the Hyundai article if you need it.

Ben

eh? that article mentions toyota, vw and frod, but not honda - so i'm having difficulty following the logic of ass kicking. unless you want to get into the topic of epa figures being bullshit all across the board, but i guess that would be too inconvenient.

i don't think so.

Reply to
jim beam

I've owned several recent Fords - not one has had any sort of problem I'd consider a mark of poor quality. In the last twenty years, the most significant problem I have had with a Ford was a fuel pump failure on an F150 when it was 14 years old. And the pump didn't completely fail, it just had a bad check valve that made the truck hard to start (if it sat over night, it took several seconds to start). The econd most significant problem was a bad window motor on a 5 year old Expedition and it was covered by an extended warranty.

If you want to talk about rolling crap, I'll tell you what I think of my Sister's old Civic. Yes it ran - but if was such a noisy, uncomfortable turd, it would make you wish it wouldn't. She is driving a Toyota now.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

What year was that Civic?

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

ed will have to get back to you on that - he's got to go read back in the "online persona" profile file he got with the detroit shill assignment.

Reply to
jim beam

1996

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Have you looked at all the shit-wits on Edmunds.com reviews that bought Hyundais and are dealing with everything from rattling engines to gas mileage thats worse than a mustang?

I'd almost rather have a crap chevy than a hyundai. Either one would be more painful than having Rosie Odonnel bounce up and down on a sore knee.

Reply to
Steffen Glaziah

Or, you could have paid $5K more, gotten a Honda, and--dealt with everything from rattling engines to gas mileage thats worse than a Mustang.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Nothing even close, most of the reviews from real world Civic owners are coming back with reports of spectacular mileage (that exceeds the estimate in many cases) and a rock solid car.

Reply to
Steffen Glaziah

Sure.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

oh dont blame the Elmo P Shagnasty

Lost his anal virginity in the back of a honda

blame his uncle for molesting

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to