Should I have the car looked at????

I have a 1993 Honda civic EX 4 door sedan. I was in a minor accident on Sunday, if you want to call it that. I rear ended a young man, but no damage to either car & neither of us was injured as well. I looked over the car well the next day & drove it & I did not see anything wrong with the inside or out, should I still have someone look at it??

Reply to
piperspost

-----------------------------------

Since your headlights may now be pointed at Jupiter, yes, have it checked. An expert will notice things that the untrained eye would never see.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

motsco_ wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

On flat, level pavement, at night, or in an underground parking garage...

1) Drive up to a wall, maybe ten feet away. If you can manage 25 feet, even better. 2) Make sure you're perpendicular to the wall. 3) Are both beams at the same level, or is one higher than the other? 4) Are both beams the same distance apart as the lamps are on the body? (As reference, use the center of the blob, or the point of "kickup" on the beam)

If both beams are straight and line up together, then alignment was not materially affected. If there is no visible damage to the bumper's skin, then the impact disturbed nothing of note.

Reply to
Tegger

innews: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Isn't the driver's side headlight aimed slightly lower than passenger's side?

Dan D '07 Ody EX Central NJ USA

Reply to
Dano58

"motsco_" wrote

Jupiter's fairly low in the sky right now, so it may not be an issue.

;-)

Reply to
Howard Lester

A 14 year old car will guarantee any mechanic you take it to will find several thousand dollars worth of work that just has to be done. Do a check of the lights as mentioned and check for any fluid leaks and move on.

Reply to
Woody

Dano58 wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com:

No. They are aimed in the same direction. If your left one is low relative to the right, one of them is aimed wrongly.

The low beams are down and to the right relative to the centerline of the lamps, while the high beams are straight-on.

Reply to
Tegger

"Howard Lester" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

So if you're driving something like a Ford Expedition, you're probably aimed directly at Jupiter. Which coincides with directly into my rear-view mirror...

Reply to
Tegger

----------------------

------------------------

Yeah, Just like the new JEEPS in Canada. Full-blast DRL's that are aimed like high beams. Who lets this crap operate on Canada's highways, I don't know.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

Tegger wrote in news:Xns99AF64E3AC6E1tegger@207.14.116.130:

how about those pickups that have the rear dragging lower than the front? (intentionally,via hydraulics) Think they get their headlights realigned? If I were a cop,I'd be nailing them every time for it,too. Those "Bigfoot" type trucks also need ticketing;inherently unsafe.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

motsco_ wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

I believe there has been a federal government regulatory change, although the online copy of CMVSS-108 does not appear to show it. The online copy was last updated in 2005.

From my observation of ALL new Canadian cars (not just Chrysler products, although Chryslers have the brightest ones by far), it appears to me that

1) auxiliary lamps may no longer be used for DRLs, and 2) main high beams must now be used, and at 100% brightness instead of 80% as previously.

Observe for yourself.

The new ones are uncomfortably, intensely bright, to the point where I have to look away (or turn my mirror to "night") to avoid being dazzled. They're absolutely awful.

Reply to
Tegger