Should I use RTV for water pump gasket?

99 Accord 4 cylinder Accord. 134000 miles.
I am going to replace my timing belt and water pump. This will be the third timing belt that I replace base on time. I guess the time to replace the water pupm as well. I cannot find any mention of RTV in FSM.
Internet search shows 50-50: some people use RTV, some install it dry.
What do you guys recommend?
Regards, Sam

That only means that some people are hacks and don't know what they're doing.
The pump comes with an O-ring; use that ONLY. Do NOT use ANY sort of sealant.
And make sure the block surface for the O-ring is smooth and clean, without corrosion or crud buildup.
--
Tegger

somick wrote:

on those oblong weird shaped rubber type seal/gaskets like;
<(Amazon.com product link shortened)>
If it will stay on the pump by itself, do that. If it will not stay on, use a few vary small spots of RTV like dabs of glue, to hold it on, and assemble quickly before it has any chance to harden and distort the rubber..
GW
On Friday, April 4, 2014 1:39:53 PM UTC-7, somick wrote:

Thanks a lot for your help!
One more question: With the pump removed, will all antifreeze pour out or do I also have drain the block?
Thanks again, Sam

You need to drain the block.
The block holds about a quart of old coolant that will contaminate the new stuff unless drained first.
Also, that quart will come gushing out from around the water pump as it is removed and will make a giant mess of the timing belt area.
Don't let anybody tell you that you don't need to drain the block. Failing to drain the block is lazy man's hack-job way of not doing the job properly.
--
Tegger

On Friday, April 4, 2014 1:39:53 PM UTC-7, somick wrote:

g belt and water pump. This will be the third timing belt that I replace ba se on time. I guess the time to replace the water pupm as well. I cannot fi nd any mention of RTV in FSM. Internet search shows 50-50: some people use RTV, some install it dry. What do you guys recommend? Regards, Sam
Thank you Tegger!!!
You are a great help, as always!
Regards,
Sam