Sienna Vs. Odyssey

Which van has a quieter ride. I am looking at buying a 2001 - 2004. I have heard the Odyssey front captains seats move from side to side. Does the Sienna's do this?

Does anybody know of a site that compares the interior noise levels?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Paul Dokken

Prior to 2005, I'd say Sienna.

Toyota tends toward plush, quiet, and Buick-like; Honda tends to involve the driver significantly more.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Watch out for automatic transmission failures with the Ody. Personally I wouldn't touch one!

John

Reply to
John Horner

thats 98-01 only, surely. thats NOT the year range he's looking at.

Reply to
flobert

You are wrong Paul.

Honda's recent recall included Odyssey's through early 2004. I have big doubts as to whether or not Honda really has it's transmission act together yet.

From

"The recall involves approximately 600,000 light trucks manufactured in the U.S. and Canada. Affected models include certain model year 2002,

2003 and early 2004 Honda Odyssey minivans; 2003 and early 2004 Honda Pilots; and 2001 and 2002 Acura MDX sport-utility vehicles."

John

Reply to
John Horner

As I said before, at least Honda stepped up and issued the recall. Ford and Crapsler have cars that have had higher tranny failure rates for years, and yet, they never acknowledged them.

I have not heard of '05 V6 Hondas having tranny problems, so perhaps they have solved the problem.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

the odyssey is quiet and higher quality. you can't beat honda's reputation and resale value. get the odyssey. those griping over transmission issues in hondas are few and far between those who have never had any automatic transmission problems with their honda.

Reply to
hondaman

I've never had a problem with the transmission in my 02 Odyssey; however, I am appalled at the lack of quality control Honda put into both the design and build of both the 4 speed tranny and the 5 speed tranny.

The 98-02 Accord is one sweet car, but you couldn't pay me to take a V6 model. Those transmissions are junk, and every mechanic knew it after a couple of years.

That I had to go back and do the recall on my transmission tells me that the Honda of old is gone, that the beancounters have taken over.

I'm peeved at Honda for what they've put their customers through.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Hmmm, I have two friends with Odysseys and both have needed new transmissions. Luckily Honda replaced them, but the problems should not have happened in the first place.

John

Reply to
John Horner

maybe they should make an optional manual transmission odyssey.

Reply to
hondaman