snow tires

would 175/70/R13 snow tires be ok to use on my 98 civic which has 185/65/14 all-seasons on it? thx

I'd avoid the change from a 14 to a 13 inch, but going to a narrower tire is a good thing when choosing snow tires.
Mike
Here's a tire size calculator that will explain the difference in the tires and how it will effect the speedo.
http://www.eunos.com/tirecalc /
Tom

would 175/70/R13 snow tires be ok to use on my 98 civic which has 185/65/14 all-seasons on it? thx
Your 13 inch tires would be cause the Speedo to read 3.5% too fast. So when it is reading 60mph you are actually doing 57.9 mph. If you do not have ABS brakes the different tire size should not be a problem
For the winter time its better to have a higher tire/higher profile - You have 13 inch rims?
The snows come with 13" rims...from the sounds of it, a 3.5% speedo error is not a big deal...

Konyoman wrote:

Obviously they would not fit on the same rims (13 vs 14 inch rim size) and I suspect that the 175/70-13 has a lower load capacity rating.
Probably not a good idea.
175/70-14 would be ok.
John
check out www.tirerack.com or www.tiretrends.com they both let you input your year make and model of car and they tell you what size tires (and winter tires) will fit your car