Solenoid like click from Odyssey steering column in park, brakes applied

Hey group,

I have a 2001 Honda Odyssey. Recently, a rear brake light bulb burned out. I replaced it.

When I got into the car to test the new bulb, I noticed that each time I depress the brake pedal (while in park) I hear a clicking noise coming from the steering column that sounds like a solenoid engaging. It clicks again when I release the brake pedal.

This does not happen when in gear, or with the motor turned off. It only happens when in park.

I don't drive this car much, so maybe I never noticed it before...

Any ideas?

Thanks, Chris Hibler snipped-for-privacy@-NOSPAM-charter.net (delete -NOSPAM- to email me)

Reply to
chibler

Unless I'm missing something in your description, it's working fine. The clicking solenoid is to prevent you from shifting out of park without having the brake engaged. I have two honda accords ('03 & '93) both of them do that in the circumstances you described.

Reply to
djaxn

Doh! I think you're right. It's my wife's car. I don't drive it much. Maybe it just got louder. I sure don't remember it before, but I called a neighbor with the same vehicle. His acts the same way.

Thanks for the reply!

Chris

Reply to
chibler