Solenoid like click from Odyssey steering column in park, brakes applied

Hey group,
I have a 2001 Honda Odyssey. Recently, a rear brake light bulb burned out. I replaced it.
When I got into the car to test the new bulb, I noticed that each time
I depress the brake pedal (while in park) I hear a clicking noise coming from the steering column that sounds like a solenoid engaging. It clicks again when I release the brake pedal.
This does not happen when in gear, or with the motor turned off. It only happens when in park.
I don't drive this car much, so maybe I never noticed it before...
Any ideas?
Thanks, Chris Hibler snipped-for-privacy@-NOSPAM-charter.net (delete -NOSPAM- to email me)
Unless I'm missing something in your description, it's working fine. The clicking solenoid is to prevent you from shifting out of park without having the brake engaged. I have two honda accords ('03 & '93) both of them do that in the circumstances you described.
Doh! I think you're right. It's my wife's car. I don't drive it much. Maybe it just got louder. I sure don't remember it before, but I called a neighbor with the same vehicle. His acts the same way.
Thanks for the reply!
Chris