Sounding a buzzer at anomaly

Page 1 of 2
Do the newer Hondas sound a buzzer when an anomaly is indicated on the instrument panel? I always wished that feature because I often drive without frequent glance at the instruments. I just haven't developed
that habit. An extinguishable buzzer would be a tremendous help for drivers like me.
On 09/29/2010 06:25 PM, Cameo wrote:

if you can't be bothered to check the gauges on this multi kilo-dollar investment of yours, can you be bothered to use turn signals? how about checking your mirrors? how about being bothered if there's a blue flashing light in your rear?

i haven't developed the habit of being polite to people that can't be bothered to use their brains. coincidence?

you can drive a car while hearing impaired. you cannot drive while so visually impaired that you can't see gauges.
bottom line, you should be looking at the gauges every few seconds. if you can't be bothered any other way, then i hope the repair expenses that come from ignoring them will help you to focus instead.
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

Not at all. It's just being you.
Cameo wrote:

I don't have an answer to your question but I did want to tell you that Jim Beam is the world's top-selling bourbon whiskey.
--
JD..

On 09/29/2010 07:23 PM, JD wrote:

is this what you call "not wasting your time"? or is it simply another determined effort to illustrate the ridiculous indecision and mental paralysis that's prevented you from buying a car?
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

On 9/29/2010 11:23 PM, JD wrote:

    Don't you mean the world's top consumer of whiskey?
september.org:

Ah, so you're the guy I was behind yesterday, who had his signal on for five miles...
There's no buzzer. Honda expects you to use the instrument panel for what it was designed for: to be looked at regularly.
--
Tegger

Usenet needs a "Like" button similar to what they have on Facebook...

What? and miss all the fun?

Hardly. I am pretty good at that. However, a couple years ago I have not noticed my car overheating due to a hose burst till it was almost too late. It was in a busy traffic when I was too preoccupied watching all the idiots driving and talking on their cell phone. Ever since then I wished for such a buzzer. Dont't airplanes have those things for the same reason?

I do but mostly focus on the speedometer an the fuel guage. The temp guage tends to be out of focus.
On 09/30/2010 10:33 AM, Cameo wrote:

even /after/ the above potentially kilodollar mistake??? that's some special kind of savantism you got there dude if you're paying more attention to what others are doing inside their cars than what's going on inside your own.
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

Oh, I don't know, Jim ... I must be doing a few things right, too, if I got almost 300 K miles with no accidents and it's still going strong.
Cameo wrote:

But you're not doing it the Beam way.
Scotty, beam me up.
I'm a doctor, Jim, not a bricklayer.
Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence.
--
JD..

Oh, come now, JD! Jim is much more subtle than that.
On 09/30/2010 07:42 PM, Cameo wrote:

eh? did you /really/ just try to claim credit for the diligence and skill of the manufacturer and the people that do your maintenance??? wow!
[if true] any collision avoidance would suspect be more likely to be your other road users calling and warning each other - that's why you keep seeing them on their cell phones. either that or they're gotten lucky in managing to avoid you.
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

jim beam wrote:

"300 K miles with no accidents" is due to "the diligence and skill of the manufacturer and the people that do" his maintenance? Yeah, that's the ticket.
"Any collision avoidance would suspect be more likely to be" his "other road users calling and warning each other"? To be or not to be, that is the question.
Maybe those other "road users" are all drinking Jim Beam? You know, it is the world's top-selling bourbon whiskey.
I'm a doctor Jim, not a road user.
Beep, beep.
--
JD..

300 K and no accidents? But you damn near melted down your engine, so I don't think I'd be willing to call it cometence. Did you not see when your tires were going down and THAT was complaining? That IDIOT light? Do you do a walk around on a regular basis for things like tires? When was the last time you popped the hood to at least take a look? Take a gander at the manual. It will probably suggest checking your oil and transmission levels on a semiregular basis. And your coolant level, most of all. Do you at least check your wiper fluid?
Depending on others is an abdication of your responsibilites. You want a nanny state to take care of you.
--

- dillon I am not invalid

Toby (Tri-Umph That's the Sweet Truth)

You could always add your own gauge in a place where you could more easily see it.

I picked up a sequentilal shift indicator for my Fit. Now I have to figure out how to hook it up to the computer. $200 mistake? Mayhaps.
--

- dillon I am not invalid

Toby (Tri-Umph That's the Sweet Truth)

Hmmm...yes, it may be a good idea to see if you can figure out the how to before the purchase...some things are not as straight forward as it may seem.