Source for roters and pads, autozone problems?

Getting ready to do the fronts on my 98 Accord EX V6, 105,000 miles.

I usually get parts from AutoZone but I think I have to give up on their convenience.. I've gotten to many bad parts in the past from Alternators to Brake master cylinders.

What would be a good source for rotors and pads. The Honda dealer? (None close to me) Online? Or would I be ok if one of the local parts places has a better quality (higher priced) rotors....?

TIA Steve

Reply to
comcastss news groups

Cap auto parts has Wagner rotors for $62

The "economy" rotors are $20. I tried those in the past and they warpped.

I guess the question is, are the Wagner rotors OK or should I go to a Honda parts dealer???

TIA

Steve

Reply to
comcastss news groups

Buy the Honda pads from an OEM Honda parts dealer like

(Rhode Island)

(California)

(Colorado, but they are still getting their shipping act together; monitor their shipments like a hawk)

OEM Honda pads are reasonably priced for what one gets: Less dust; appropriate wear on rotors; less noise, etc.

I have not replaced rotors but from reading here, this is one item that many of the regulars here say need not be replaced with OEM. Stay tuned for recommendations on rotor manufacturers, or search the Honda groups' archives.

Reply to
Elle

Rotors should be able to be turned (if warped).

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Theoretically true, but if the '98 is like the '93 in this respect it takes an act of god to get the rotors off. It requires 90% of the work to change the drive axle and still more after that; the rotor is on the back side of the steering knuckle. Knowing that rotors once warped and turned have a reputation for warping again, I would definitely go with new ones. Of course, if the rotors are on the outside it isn't so important.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Honda pads... They work and last the longest!

Reply to
Andy & Carol

Cain't argue with that...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Reply to
ExtremeValue

See if the companies linked below, or the ones linked at

will ship to Canada.

The author of the latter site ("Tegger") is Canadian. Maybe he can comment.

"ExtremeValue" wrote

Reply to
Elle

If you're looking for pads and rotors try

Grahame