Spark Plug Wires for 98 Civic DX

Any thoughts on which brand of wires are the best? What difference would new performance wires make? Thanks.

Reply to
Spurr

"Spurr" wrote in news:87pke.14480$tt5.8665@edtnps90:

Do you have a distributor? If so, and if the wires' resistance is too low, you will eventually wreck your coil. I do not know if this holds true for a non-distributor system.

You will see zero performance advantage by using aftermarket wires on an engine with the stock compression ratio. Other than a possible saving of a few bucks, which may be offset by shorter life of other secondary components.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

"Spurr" wrote: > Any thoughts on which brand of wires are the best? What > difference would new > performance wires make? Thanks.

Honda?s don?t like aftermarket ignition parts. Only Honda, NGK, or Denso parts are good.

Reply to
MooGoCow

i have apc plug wires on my older civic and it's running great. i also am using denso irridium spark plugs which makes a big difference. my engine runs alot smoother since i installed them. i prefer the apc plug wires over stock ones. they're better for no loss of voltage and no interference with your stereo which can be a problem with stock plug wires.

Reply to
hondaman