Spark Plugs for 06 Civic?

Any thoughts on upgrading from the factory plugs on my 06 civic sedan ex with 6500 miles? Thanks!

Reply to
gayryan

loewent via CarKB.com

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:1178123845.919925.44450 @n76g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

Sure. You can upgrade them to new ones exactly like the old ones.

Honda engineers know quite a lot more than you do, 100% guaranteed.

Reply to
Tegger

is that a typo? 6.5k miles for plugs is /way/ too short. use 30k miles for standard plugs, up to 100k for exotics. don't mess with any brand other than denso or ngk in a honda. the only exotic worth the effort is iridium.

Reply to
jim beam

I have a thought ... don't do it. If you think you are going to improve on factory performance or economy with some wonder plug then you have been reading too many import tuner magazines!

Reply to
John Horner