speedometer does not work

hi i want you guys to help me, my speedometer does not work, and when it does not work the letter "S" blinks green. If anyone knows or has
had this problem before let me know what is it so i can fix it thank you.
cesarg wrote:

Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) is sleeping on the job. Time to issue a pink slip and place a boot print on its ass.
Bet your tranny shifts weird when the speedo isn't working.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
I actually just took my car in for the same reason. It is definitely your speed sensor. The part will cost you about 160 dollars from a mechanic or you can find them online for about 115 dollars. Overall the total repair will cost from a range of 200-250 bucks.
"Tegger" wrote: >
> > > hi i want you guys to help me, my speedometer does not work, > and when > > it does not work the letter "S" blinks green. If anyone > knows or has > > had this problem before let me know what is it so i can fix > it thank > > you. > > > > > > Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) is sleeping on the job. Time to > issue a pink > slip and place a boot print on its ass. > > Bet your tranny shifts weird when the speedo isn't working. > > -- > Tegger > > The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ > www.tegger.com/hondafaq/

Jeezus! A friend of mine bought one from a dealer for her '90 Accord about 8 years ago. Cost was about $60 and she ended up going back and making them refund some of that when she found out that the list price was less. Also, installation is about a ten minute job.
Not sure what vehicle this is for but I can't imagine that the price has gone up that much.
I thought I needed one for my '94 GSR about five years ago. When the car was cold it took about 5 miles before the speedo/odo started working. I took it to the dealer and they diagnosed it as a speedometer problem which was very expensive. I passed on the repair and (get ready) the speedo has worked perfectly ever since. I am guessing that it was a loose connection. They may have disconnected it to test the VSS (which tested fine), then reconnected it securely.
I would sure give that a try before you pay $250.