speedometer needle fluctuates

I have 1987 Honda Prelude 2.0 Si with 245,000 miles. sometimes, my speedometer needle fluctuates. The fluctuation happens around 50 -60 mph, sometimes even around 25 mph. Fluctuation of speedometer needle
does not happen all the time. Can you tell me what is going on how I can fix this. Thanks
No respone...nobody want to help me :(
There are free online repair guides for your 87 Prelude at www.autozone.com that may cover at least some troubleshooting for this.
Also, try the free online repair guides for some of the Honda models listed at http://www.honda.co.uk/owner/workshopmanuals2.html .
It might take a bit of searching at the online manuals, but often there are some step-by-step diagnostic procedures given.

NG wrote:

reliable fix although you may get lucky from a junkyard. be very careful taking the cable off at the gearbox end. with some hondas, if you don't do it right, the drive gear can drop into the gearbox, and that's a world of hurt you want to stay /well/ away from.
Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

Possible problems and solutions.
The cable connection behind the dash came loose. Solution: Reattach it. The cable connection on the gearbox came loose. Solution: Reattach it. The pulser or its driver is dead, which is unlikely. Replace it. The speedo needle is miscalibrate, recalibrate it. The gauge's solder joints are oxidize, redo it.
Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.