Speedometer problem (weird)

I have a 96 accord LX... (276 000 km..sort of)

Yesterday, the speedometer went haywire. It seems to stick on 28 km/h. When you slow down to stop, it kind of bounces, but doesn't go to 0.When you turn off the ignition, it goes to 0?? Sometimes, it seems to work fine.. and then goes haywire again..

Does anyone here know what the cause may be????

BD

Reply to
Boondocks

"Boondocks" wrote in news:78Ssf.17090$OU5.13993@clgrps13:

Wild guess;something in the display itself(instrument cluster) is sticking. Maybe it's gotten dirty inside,or some lubricant has finally evaporated completely.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Search a bit on line and you'll find more info, especially the VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) and/or speedometer. Quite expensive to replace. I ended up buying a nice gps with mounting system instead for less (previous 95 accord). Car is now sold, gps still with me:-) P.S. Gps is more accurate than speedometer..

Reply to
Allnews

A GPS...

Hmmm that may be a good idea... Rats, xmas last week.

I will look around for some info.

Thanks, BD

Reply to
Boondocks