Squeaking noise in Civic 2000

All,
I just had my timing belt and water pump replaced. My car has about 104K miles on it. Since then there has been this squeaking noise at idle. Its not noticable when I am driving. Also it is more pronounced
on very cold days compared to warm days. I am in NJ.
I took it back to mechanic who replaced timing belt and he did something to fix it which took care of the problem for a couple of days. But now its back again.
Can anyone can shed some light on why this might be happening?
Thanks in advance for any replies.

Replacing the timing belt requires removing and reinstalling the serpentine belt. If it was not replaced when the timing belt was (not mandatory, but a good idea) the disturbance might have caused the serpentine belt to slip a bit, causing he squeak. It is normally worse when cold and the rubberized surface is harder. I think the mechanic retensioned the belt, which improved it... for a while. In that case it is time for a new serpentine belt (or does that model have two?)
Mike
On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 09:58:21 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

simple problem and easy to fix - your "mechanic" needs to be replaced with one that knows how to tension a belt properly. after that, all the squeaking will disappear.

I don't think I've ever had a squeaking belt that could be fixed with dressing and tightening. Many times I've tried and had a few weeks' relief. Regardless how it was before the change, a bit of oil probably hid on one of the pulleys and has pushed the old belt (I doubt it was replaced) over the edge. Cleaning the pulleys (should have been done originally, but we know how that goes) and putting a new belt on should fix it.
Mike