SRS in red

SRS in red showed up at the top of the panel screen. What up?
sam

Airbag (supplemental restrain system) problem...

Maybe. Or maybe just a seat belt latch problem.

Oh, I dunno.

How old is the car? In theory (well, regs kind of recommend it, but don't require it) your car should tell you when it's about 12 years old and that you should replace your airbags. Or at least that's what the guy who put the new one's in my wife's Accord said. Of course, he replaced them because "the air bags went off. They went off when I hit the car in front of me."
--

- dillon I am not invalid

The RMS Titanic sank on April 15th. US income taxes
It's Honda Civic 2001. And it's unlikely, or not so likely, that the car needs a new airbag. Paul suspects it might have to do with the seat belt. I hope it's something simple. Maybe I upset something when I fumbled with the instrument panel controls. Tomorrow, I'll disconnect the battery to reset the computer. I'll see if the warning disappears.
And thanks for your consideration Sam.
:

Sam wrote:

    A couple of months ago, I had to replace the driver's side seat belt lock when the SRS light tripped. A faulty connection in the latch was the cause.
could be as simple as something under the drivers or passenger seat . my daugther put an ice scraper under the drivers seat . it hit some kind of sencer and made the light some on . the dealer checked it and resit it . no charge . of course it was under warrenty