SRS Indicator Lamp

The SRS light on the dash of our 2000 Accord SE just made its presence = known. A google search turned up scores of complaints about the Honda = SRS light. People have paid dealers hundreds of dollars for repairs, = only to have the light reappear weeks or months later.

How pervasive is this problem? A quick look at Alldata reveals 3 = service bulletins involving the SRS indicator lamp. Have others out = there experienced this problem and been successful in getting it fixed? = From what I've read, the dealers don't seem to be getting accurate = diagnostics since the repairs aren't permanent.

Reply to
Jim Jensen

mine's always on. has been for years.

:-/

~cindy (01 honda odyssey)

Reply to
Used2be

Jim, There's no way to know what your SRS problem is until the system is scanned for the DTC.

If it's 9-1, 9-3 or 15-1,2 or 3; there are service bulletins that cover the repairs. Contact your dealer and be nice, give them a chance to do good by you... If that fails call Honda customer service; but, do that as a last resort.

Jim Jensen wrote:

A google search turned up scores of complaints about the Honda SRS light. People have paid dealers hundreds of dollars for repairs, only to have the light reappear weeks or months later.

bulletins involving the SRS indicator lamp. Have others out there experienced this problem and been successful in getting it fixed? From what I've read, the dealers don't seem to be getting accurate diagnostics since the repairs aren't permanent.

-- Tp,

----- -\

Reply to
TomP

The first thing to do is see your doctor and get a prescription for paranoia pills. Then stop reading and taking for gospel these newsgroups. After this take it to your dealer or a qualified Honda mechanic and let them read the codes and determine what is causing the problem. There are many components in the SRS system that could fail or come loose. Possible you pushed something under a seat and dislodged a connector or broke a wire. It needs to be analyzed. Or keep driving it without the air bag protection...

How pervasive is this problem? A quick look at Alldata reveals 3 service bulletins involving the SRS indicator lamp. Have others out there experienced this problem and been successful in getting it fixed? From what I've read, the dealers don't seem to be getting accurate diagnostics since the repairs aren't permanent.

Reply to
Woody