SRS Light

My SRS light came on a few miles ago in my Honda Civic EX 4dr. Is there any way that I can diagnose this issue? I know it is important to fix.
Thanks,
TOm
I found information on resetting the light. I will try this and then later if the SRS light relights then I know I got a serious problem.
Thank you. http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t 5251

: My SRS light came on a few miles ago in my Honda Civic EX 4dr. Is : there any way that I can diagnose this issue? I know it is important : to fix. : : Thanks, : TOm : It's not necessarily your air bag. When the SRS light in my '00 Accord came on, it turned out to be a seat belt latch problem. Take it to a dealer and have it checked out. Not sure about the air bags, but the seat belts are covered by a lifetime warranty.
Paul
Yes, seatbelt latch. Mine went on my 2001 accord and my friends on their 2001 accord. SRS light and same problem.
My dealer wouldn't cover it. Said the belt is covered bit not the electronics. I replaced it elsewhere for $75. Probably got screwed by my dealer, but I didn't have time to deal with it. So I just fixed it.
G-Man

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 17:24:56 -0400, G-Man wrote:

I just had my 2000 Accord repaired by the Dealer yesterday. The SRS Diagnostic was covered by Honda and the Seatbelt is covered by Honda for the life of the vehicle. My total repair bill was $0.00.
Randy
: >> : My SRS light came on a few miles ago in my Honda Civic EX 4dr. Is : >> : there any way that I can diagnose this issue? I know it is important : >> : to fix. : >> : : >> : Thanks, : >> : TOm : >> : : >> It's not necessarily your air bag. When the SRS light in my '00 Accord : >> came : >> on, it turned out to be a seat belt latch problem. Take it to a dealer and : >> have it checked out. Not sure about the air bags, but the seat belts are : >> covered by a lifetime warranty. : >> : >> Paul : >> : >> : I just had my 2000 Accord repaired by the Dealer yesterday. The SRS : Diagnostic was covered by Honda and the Seatbelt is covered by Honda for : the life of the vehicle. My total repair bill was $0.00. : : Randy
That was my experience also. No dealer should be quibbling over paying for this. I would complain to the NHTSA about one who did.
Paul
Actually, after reading these, it kind of pissed me off. I had it replaced in March at AAMCO. I called American Honda yesterday and faxed them the receipt. They are sending me a check :-)
g-Man