SRS Light

My SRS light came on a few miles ago in my Honda Civic EX 4dr. Is there any way that I can diagnose this issue? I know it is important to fix.

Thanks, TOm

Reply to
Fish

I found information on resetting the light. I will try this and then later if the SRS light relights then I know I got a serious problem.

Thank you.

Fish

Yes, seatbelt latch. Mine went on my 2001 accord and my friends on their

2001 accord. SRS light and same problem.

My dealer wouldn't cover it. Said the belt is covered bit not the electronics. I replaced it elsewhere for $75. Probably got screwed by my dealer, but I didn't have time to deal with it. So I just fixed it.

G-Man

Reply to
G-Man

I just had my 2000 Accord repaired by the Dealer yesterday. The SRS Diagnostic was covered by Honda and the Seatbelt is covered by Honda for the life of the vehicle. My total repair bill was $0.00.

Randy

Reply to
randy

: > My dealer wouldn't cover it. Said the belt is covered bit not the : > electronics. I replaced it elsewhere for $75. Probably got screwed by my : > dealer, but I didn't have time to deal with it. So I just fixed it. : >

: > G-Man : >

: >

: >

: >> Paul : >>

: >>

: I just had my 2000 Accord repaired by the Dealer yesterday. The SRS : Diagnostic was covered by Honda and the Seatbelt is covered by Honda for : the life of the vehicle. My total repair bill was $0.00. : : Randy

That was my experience also. No dealer should be quibbling over paying for this. I would complain to the NHTSA about one who did.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

Actually, after reading these, it kind of pissed me off. I had it replaced in March at AAMCO. I called American Honda yesterday and faxed them the receipt. They are sending me a check :-)

g-Man

Reply to
G-Man