SRS light goes on/off with stop/go movement

Hello,

I have a 2001 Civic with an SRS light that comes on as soon as I start rolling. It stays on until I hit the brakes and come to a stop, and goes off again. No heavy packages on passenger side. Any ideas with this one? Is there a momentum sensor involved?

Thanks.

Reply to
Rocinante

Get the codes read. They will tell you what area to look at.

Reply to
Woody

the srs light doesn't burn constantly,i presume? in that case there's no error code in the memory stored. i'll have someting which is a little bit the same, in winter when i make a sharp turn, mij srs light also comes on, but it goes off after a few seconds, in the summer the light doesn't comes on! have a 1992 prelude 2.3

Reply to
t.langendoen

I took it to Honda and no codes were stored that could be read. They will give me another 2 hours of diagnostic time on Monday.

Reply to
Rocinante

I have a 2000 Accord Coupe and my SRS light came on and stayed on. Turned out it was a sensor in the safety belt. The dealer changed it for free even though the car was 5 years old. I guess when it comes to safety belts the dealer is more concerned about potential lawsuits and continues to cover these items. I might be worth checking out.

Reply to
Mark Savoy