SRS Light is on - HELP!

My 2001 EX V6 SRS light came on last week. A little research said a low voltage can cause this. I noticed it cranked slower than usual that morning. I replaced the battery, and went through the steps and reset the
light (a real pain in the ass).
Two days later, the person I carpool with, had the SRS light come on, on her 2001 LX V6 (what a coincidence!).
We had the battery checked and it was a little weak too. Car has 114k on it.
We replaced the battery, but the SRS light will not stay off after the reset.
Any clues on what to check? Or is this going to require a dreaded trip to the dealer for her?
G-Man

have also been reports of SRS lights coming on because something was placed on the passenger seat, and the twitchy little sensor decided that meant somebody was sitting there... yeah, a one pound passenger - that's the ticket.
In any event, it helps to remember that warning lights from computers like these most often mean they are getting sensor input that is troubling them rather than trouble with the computer itself.
Mike
Do you know if this will throw codes for an OBDII scanner?
I know you can't reset this with an OBDII device.
G-Man

Mike
The SRS system has it's own set of DTC codes. They are stored in the SRS computer and be read out, Actually they are flashed out in the SRS light. You have to ground the short the SCS terminal on the DLC to read them out. I don't know which pin it is on your vehicle, you will need a service manual for that....

Maybe it is the same plug you use to short and reset the system. I'll check out the Service Manual.
G-Man

Follow up. The code says Drivers side seatbelt latch. Called dealer, said the seat belt system is covered, but not electronics. If it latches, then it's not Honda's problem.
What crap.
G-Man

I had the same problem in 2005 with my 2001 LX V6 Accord at about 65,000 miles. Honda dealer diagnosed it and replaced the seat belt under warranty with no problem or argument.
Jeff