SRS light update 2000 Accord 200,000 K

Update - Got the code read and it said faulty driver side seat belt buckle. Over the weekend I replaced it and the SRS light is still on. My next chore is resetting the light and I hope it goes out. 2000
Accord SE 4 door with manual cloth seats.
On 06/08/2010 06:19 AM, Clete wrote:

you should have reset it first to see if it returns to get an accurate diagnosis....
also consider getting a code reader/resetter - they're inexpensive, and in this day and age, pretty much indispensable.
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

Could you give me an example of this inexpensive item you refer to. Thanks
On 06/08/2010 07:32 AM, Clete wrote:

this is about the cheapest: <http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBD-II-SCANNER-OBD2-2-SCAN-TOOL-CODE-READER-OBDII-ENHAN-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem53e1b21d5eQQitemZ360268832094QQptZMotorsQ5fAutomotiveQ5fTools
feel free to get a better one though!
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

Thanks for the info
On 6/8/2010 10:45 AM, Clete wrote:

    The reality of the matter, is that an OBDII Scanner will not read the module that controls the passenger restraint devices.

http://www.ehow.com/how_6105878_reset-indicator-2002-honda-accord.html
I had an SRS light on my 2003 Civic last Fall. I learned how to read the code and re-set it using tools I made at home for under $10. I do not want to send you to the procedure for reading the code for the Civic, because it is likely different for your Accord. But the ehow procedure for re-setting should be fine. I have seen this re-set procedure reported elsewhere.

You can reset it with a paper clip. See http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2724543
I had an SRS light and code last autumn on my 2003 Civic. For under $10 I made my own tools for re-setting and reading the code. See http://sites.google.com/site/hondalioness/srs . It is a different connector for reading codes. Still, do not use the procedure for reading codes on Civics on your Accord. I am only sure the re-set procedure for Civics and Accords is the same. Reading codes may be different, and you do not want to mess something up.
On Wed, 9 Jun 2010 07:46:37 -0700 (PDT), Elle

thanks for the info

Correction: Reading codes is the same, regardless of which model of Honda it is, as long as the connector is OBD2 yada. All these sites support this.
http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1679159
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/elect...scan-tool.html , post #11
http://www.civicforums.com/forums/36...ease-read.html
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=500684 , post #6
http://www.elementownersclub.com/for...ad.php?t=41924 , post #4
http://www.2carpros.com/forum/2002-h...-vt374670.html
http://www.k-series.com/tech_document.php?id=37
http://www.ehow.com/how_2214653_read-obd2-codes.html
http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2760775 , post #8
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/ar...p/t-26335.html
http://www.odyclub.com/forums/printt...threadid=40654
http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-d...ode-check.html
---
Paul wrote:

Clete appears to be located.
On 6/9/2010 5:35 PM, Paul wrote:

    That's not a correct statement, it is not covered under warranty.

Not in Canada, but yes in the U.S. most dealers say the seat belt buckle (with the SRS switch) is covered.