SRS light update 2000 Accord 200,000 K

Update - Got the code read and it said faulty driver side seat belt buckle. Over the weekend I replaced it and the SRS light is still on. My next chore is resetting the light and I hope it goes out. 2000 Accord SE 4 door with manual cloth seats.

Reply to
Clete

you should have reset it first to see if it returns to get an accurate diagnosis....

also consider getting a code reader/resetter - they're inexpensive, and in this day and age, pretty much indispensable.

Reply to
jim beam

Could you give me an example of this inexpensive item you refer to. Thanks

Reply to
Clete

this is about the cheapest:

feel free to get a better one though!

Reply to
jim beam

Thanks for the info

Reply to
Clete

I had an SRS light on my 2003 Civic last Fall. I learned how to read the code and re-set it using tools I made at home for under $10. I do not want to send you to the procedure for reading the code for the Civic, because it is likely different for your Accord. But the ehow procedure for re-setting should be fine. I have seen this re-set procedure reported elsewhere.

Reply to
Elle

You can reset it with a paper clip. See

I had an SRS light and code last autumn on my 2003 Civic. For under $10 I made my own tools for re-setting and reading the code. See

It is a differentconnector for reading codes. Still, do not use the procedure forreading codes on Civics on your Accord. I am only sure the re-setprocedure for Civics and Accords is the same. Reading codes may bedifferent, and you do not want to mess something up.

Reply to
Elle

thanks for the info

Reply to
Clete

I hope you didn't pay for that -- it was covered under warranty.

Paul

I'm not sure if that lifetime seat belt warranty exists in Canada, where Clete appears to be located.

Reply to
Eternal Searcher

The reality of the matter, is that an OBDII Scanner will not read the module that controls the passenger restraint devices.

Reply to
Brian Smith

That's not a correct statement, it is not covered under warranty.

Reply to
Brian Smith

Correction: Reading codes is the same, regardless of which model of Honda it is, as long as the connector is OBD2 yada. All these sites support this.

, post #11
post #6
post #4
post #8

Elle

Not in Canada, but yes in the U.S. most dealers say the seat belt buckle (with the SRS switch) is covered.

Reply to
Elle