starter problem - help!

I have a 98 Isuzu Rodeo (same as Honda Passport) that has a starting problem. Whenever the engine is cold, it starts perfectly, but after the engine has warmed up, it can sometimes take up to 10 times to get it started. It sounds like something isn't catching to actually turn the engine most of the time and it makes a whirring noise until I get lucky and it actually "grabs" whatever it needs to turn the engine.

Is this a starter problem or something bigger? Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Reply to
Joe

Most likely is a starter. If you hear the starter trying, but nothing happening then starter is the first choice

Reply to
Stephen H