stereo aux input

hello folks,
i am trying to hook up a cable to to the factory installed stereo (06 accord sedan lx) so that i can connect the headphone socket of my mp3 player. i
would appreciate suggestions what is the best way to go about it and how to do it.
i have tried fm transmitters and they are terrible. Information on how to open up the dash to get to the stereo would be helpful. does the factory installed stereo have aux input?
thanks

You're looking for a P.I.E. adapter. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=pie+adapter&btnG=Search
To disassamble your dsah: www.installdr.com
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
"travelkid" wrote

FWIW, this one works great, and the audio quality is excellent. I hook it up to my laptop at home to transmit through my home audio system:
http://www.ccrane.com/radios/fm-transmitters/fm-transmitter.aspx

Depends on which stereo you have. Some of them have an aux input (not the generic 1/8" but specific for adding a Honda CD changer/player). I'm not sure if yours has this input or not.
An alternative is a FM modulator that goes inline with your factory radio antenna. These work better than FM transmitters.

Sorry, have opened that dash yet so I can't offer any advice for it. And it looks like www.installdr.com doesn't have that model listed either.