Sticky Gas Pedal

I have a '97 Honda Passport with 56,000miles on it. A couple of days ago the gas pedal started getting sticky. It doesn't happen unless I slamm the gas
down. But afterwards, if i press on the gas and then let off, the car stays reved up for about 5 sec. Does any one have any insight about this problem? if you can understand what I'm talking about.

Throttle plate is sticking because it's gummed up. It's gummed up because of poor maintenance. PCV system is plugged, valve cover baffles are plugged; oil is getting pumped into intake.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ