Sticky gas pedal since 2002 Accord was new

Page 2 of 2

As I say, there's only one source of oil in the intake. If you've changed your oil as religiously as you say, then drainback should be unimpaired from the valve cover baffles and there ought to be no oil in the intake.
DID the dealer do a VIN check for TSBs? Did they ever bother to remove the valve cover and PCV valve to see if the baffles/valve were sludged up or not? This is not rocket science.
By the way, the type of gasoline used, or the use or non-use of additives like Techron, will have absolutely zero effect on oil in the intake. The two things are totally unrelated.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
‚úĖ
Tegger,
Thanks so much for your explanation and help. I did call the dealer I bought the car from. And there IS a TSB for my car.
They said to pursue this further with the dealer I am having it serviced at- and because itís a documented problem that was never adequately fixed itís covered under warranty. I will attempt to get my dealer to fix this, but at this point I do not trust them.
The dealer I bought from is 150 miles away but it will be worth it to return it to them.
I love my car and have had no probs with it except for this ongoing problem. Will let you know how this all works out.
"Tegger" wrote: > NancyK
> > > Thanks very much Tegger for your reply. > > I change the oil at the dealer every 3750 miles religiously > even tho > > the car is not driven under severe conditions. > > I think Iím going to take it to the dealership I bought it > from and > > see if I canít get a straight answer. > > Elmo, the Honda service person said that the Odyssey and the > Pilot > > both DO have this problem but not the Accord. (I googled > this and > > found that indeed it exists for the Accord too) But Iíll be > interested > > in knowing what youíve done to get yours corrected. > > > > As I say, there's only one source of oil in the intake. If > you've changed > your oil as religiously as you say, then drainback should be > unimpaired > from the valve cover baffles and there ought to be no oil in > the intake. > > DID the dealer do a VIN check for TSBs? Did they ever bother > to remove the > valve cover and PCV valve to see if the baffles/valve were > sludged up or > not? This is not rocket science. > > By the way, the type of gasoline used, or the use or non-use > of additives > like Techron, will have absolutely zero effect on oil in the > intake. The > two things are totally unrelated. > > -- > Tegger > > The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ > www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
‚úĖ
I had this problem with my 99 Accord 4 cyl at about 40k miles too. It was definitely a safety hazard the way the pedal was sticking. I perform all the maintenance myself and I do it within the recommend intervals listed in the owners manual. I also had the extended warranty at that time.
Like your case, the dealer solved my problem by cleaning the throttle body. Then he refused to cover the cost with the extended warranty because no "parts" were replaced. To my way of thinking that was BS and I told them so. If something goes wrong and it is not a regular maintenance action listed in the manual, nor is it a consumable item like tires, wiper blades, or light bulbs, then it is an engineering defect and should be covered by the warranty. Anyway, I ended up paying the dealer for the cleaning and then writing Honda headquarters and letting them know what I thought of their scuzzy business practices. Honda Corp agreed to reimburse me for the cost, but I still came away with a bad taste in my mouth because they still got away with not covering it via the extended warranty. So guess who is not buying anymore extended warranties.
By the way, the service rep at Honda Hdqrts recommended that I use Chevron gas with Techroline and also periodically add a bottle of Techroline additive to the gas tank in order to keep the problem from recurring. I think he said I should add it at least every oil change. Well, Chevron is the only gas I have ever bought since the car was new. I do add a bottle of Techroline ever now and then and it hasn't recurred yet.
Sid

Add pictures here
‚úĖ