Strange downshift with slowing 2006 CRV 4Cyl 2WD

Very often, while coasting down a hill with foot off the gas, as my CRV slows to 30mph, you can fell the transmission shift, the rpm suddenly jumps up and the
car speeds up for a few seconds, then it continues slowing.
Has anybody else noticed this?

It's downshifting.
You probably are noticing this because of Honda's "Grade Logic Control". My '04 Accord has this also. It stays in one gear uphill and does not hunt up and down through the gears. In a downhill situation, the transmission downshifts to provide some engine braking which prevents having to constantly brake.

Ray wrote:

to 30mph, you can fell the transmission shift, the rpm suddenly jumps up and the car speeds up for a few seconds, then it continues slowing.

There may be a switch to turn it off. It would be mentioned in the owner's manual.
'Curly'

Yeah, I noticed this today as a matter of fact. However, it's nowhere near as agressive as the 2005 Civic I had. Under hard braking, that car would aggessively downshift...thought it was kind of cool myself.