Subaru Legacy: Make More Sense than The Accord ? (per the many Previous PostS On ?)

Hello,
What a great Newsgroup. I should probably have included this with one of my past posts.
So, let me post here, anew:
Have never had a Subaru Legacy.
Saw one in the Dealership, and liked it a lot.The AWD seems nice, especially for up here in New England.
A bit smaller, though, it seemed, than the Accord or Sonata.
Appreciate all the "Buyer-Beware" comments re the Accord. Probably real good advice for someone like me who is, frankly, not too car savvy.
Would really appreciate the same kind of thoughts regarding the Legacy ? Reliability, likes, dislikes, caveats, etc. ?
Thanks again, Bob
On 12/26/2012 10:52 AM, Bob wrote:

You can get it better at the alt.autos.subaru news group.

Bought an Accord a month ago (first Honda, ever) after 23 years of driving Legacies. Last one bought in 2000, showed its age :-)
I find the Accord rather luxurious after the 2000 Legacy, though they may have upgraded their interiors, etc. In my experience, the AWD was invaluable (upstate NY) and I am finding the Accord less forgiving in snow.
But, it is incrdibly quieter and has a much better pick up. The shift (I only drive manuals, no idea of automatic transmission) is pure heaven compared to the Subarus that I have had. (I have very good things to say about Toyota's gearbox, as well, but the idiots do not make the Camry in manual any more, and so they were out of the running.)
I do not think that Subaru's are all the inexpensive to maintain. They do have their problems and I spent some real money on mine. I think they are in the middle of the pack.
I prefer reliability over looks, interiors, etc. and I would say that the Subarus were very reliable, but you do have to take care of them.
Hope this helps.
mt
On 3/2/2013 12:25 PM, Mike Trainor wrote:

That applies to all makes and models, including Hondas, too.
"Mike Trainor" wrote in message wrote:

Bought an Accord a month ago (first Honda, ever) after 23 years of driving Legacies. Last one bought in 2000, showed its age :-)
I find the Accord rather luxurious after the 2000 Legacy, though they may have upgraded their interiors, etc. In my experience, the AWD was invaluable (upstate NY) and I am finding the Accord less forgiving in snow.
But, it is incrdibly quieter and has a much better pick up. The shift (I only drive manuals, no idea of automatic transmission) is pure heaven compared to the Subarus that I have had. (I have very good things to say about Toyota's gearbox, as well, but the idiots do not make the Camry in manual any more, and so they were out of the running.)
I take it you bought the Accord with the 6 speed manual. That would be my choice -- but I am sticking with my S2000. It, too, has a superb 6 speed.