Suggestions and information wanted

We have a 2002 Oddessey EX lately my wife has been wondering just how prevalent transmission problems occur and if they do what is the average cost of having a dealer replace the transmission?

How do you know when the transmission is beginning to have problems? What should you be listening for or feeling the car acting differently?

As you can tell we are not mechanically inclined when it comes to car repairs on our own.

The van has always had all required maintenance on time, no hauling, no abuse and carefully driven. Still almost like new.

Because of the high gas prices we have been giving some consideration to trading for a car, wagon or van that will give better gas mileage. Frankly we are torn between keeping this for a while longer since more fuel efficient are obviously on the way.

We would also like to go back to a four wheel or all wheel drive again. We had Subarus for years. I have health issues which prevent me from doing certain things. One is my inability to get into and out o a lot of vehicles on the market today. This is one reason we like the Oddessey so much I have no problems with it.

Don Whitely

Reply to
Donald Whitely