Suggestions for refinishing Civic placstic hub caps

I have a 95 Civic and the finish is coming off the plastic hub caps. Anybody have any real good ideas on how to refinish them so the look nice again?

use a plastic-bonding primer(for plastic auto bumpers) and then a few top coats of your favorite finish. Let them cure fully before re-installing them on your wheels. You could use metallic paints,metal-flake paints,hammertone paint.....
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Do you have any brand names for the plastic-bonding primers? I'm not familiar with these and possibly a source for such things via the internet? I'd like to give this a try.
On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 12:40:59 -0500, Philip Kline

Go to a regular paint store and get primer for plastic.
Try "Bulldog Adhesion Promoter" from the Wal-Mart auto paint section.