SUL?

Looking at some online dealer parts sites and see some Accord models with SUL as part of the description. What does that mean?

Probably a short-form for SULEV, which is a US federal-government whack-job acronym that stands for "Super Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle".
Got a link?
--
Tegger

On 05/06/2010 04:24 PM, Tegger wrote:

it might be related to elmo's famous "sports luxury utility truck"...
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

LOL
--
Tegger

Tegger wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/29nv9br
This is a parts order page at Majestic Honda. Hit the drop-down for "Trim Level".

Yep. It stands for "Super Ultra Low" emissions.
You'll notice all the "SUL" cars in the drop down are CA emissions, and are only available with automatic transmissions.
For an explanation of the various acronyms, you can see here: <http://www.thegreenmotorist.com/index.php/understanding-emissions-standards-pzev-sulev-ulev-lev/
--
Tegger

Tegger wrote:

<http://www.thegreenmotorist.com/index.php/understanding-emissions-standards-pzev-sulev-ulev-lev/
Thanks. The online dealers certainly discount their parts-- but by the time I add in the S&H plus the uncertainty, time and hassle of delivery, I think I'll just swing by my local dealer and pick up the maintenance stuff I need to I can finish up the work this weekend...

next comes mega-super-ultra-low emissions..... then hyper-mega-ultra-super-low....then...??
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Well, they've already got "Partial Zero" (PZEV).
If you cut a hole in a zero, does it leak? And if so, what?
--
Tegger

Marketing guys....they are such morons. In another market (medical devices) I have seen them hold up multi-million dollar projects trying to decide what color the catheter should be, when the best solution is to use no colorant at all (regulatory filings are a "B"itch).