Sumitomo tires opinions

Has anyone had experience with this brand on their Accords?

Reply to
Digiti

I have some on my Civic now with Konig wheels. They're not bad. They're a Japanese tire and Sumitomo is also the company that makes Honda's oem spark plug wires. As far as their performance it's been good. I get a smooth quiet ride from my Srixon model ones. If you're thinking about buying some for all season they shouldn't be too bad. I haven't had mine on in the winter though.

Reply to
hondaman

I have three sets of Sumitomo HTR 200's all on diffrent cars...First car is a 1985 Toyota Corolla GTS I have them stretched on a 7 inch rim

195/60/14...Second car I have them on is a 1986 Toyota Corolla GTS 185/60/14 again stretched on to a 7 inch supra rim...Third car I have them on is a 1991 Miata however havent driven it yet its still in project status. But these tires give EXCELLENT traction, unbelivably good quality for the price. The tread pattern serves good in the rain and in the dry. I use them for autocross and roadracing soo they are my street tires as well as my racing tires. Im sure with a shorter sidewall the car would be stiffer but I like a little lean gives you more grip in the turns. Give sumitomo a shot I rate them close to the Falken Azenis I used to have on my Corolla. Cant beat $28 a tire.
Reply to
Myrone Bagalay

Thanks for the replies. I put two SRIXON 4 195/65/R 15 tires on the front axle of my 1998 Honda Accord LX . The price I paid was substantially more than your $28.. more like $77 installed [N.Y prices]. So far I have no complaints other than the high price.

Reply to
Digiti