Switching to 5w-20 from 5w-30 in older civic

i was in walmart and noticed they have castrol gtx in 5w-20 grade so decided with this oil change in my old 1988 honda civic i'm using the newer grade.
hopefully it won't cause any damage. i don't think it will and i think it's going to be an improvement. less strain on the crank shaft and pistons. anyone who has any knowledge about the newer oil please let me know. thanks.
-jeff
hondaman wrote:

    There is a difference, but you can't measure it. bob
The only thing it do for you is increase oil consumption. The viscosity was changed for new cars so they could post a slightly increase in corporate gas mileage. Stick with the viscosities your car recommends unless you need a heavier weight because of oil consumption....