Switching winter tires

I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether or not I can switch winter tires from a 2002 honda civic onto a 2005 RSX Type S. I know that the civic the tires are for 15" rims and the rsx is for 17" rims. I woudln't put the rubber on the acura rim, I would buy a black winter rim. But would i be able to put the winter rim on the car with the winter tire? Thanks

Reply to
alyssa

You'll have to know the aspect ratio (tire height divided by the tire width) which is usually 60% more or less. It's included in the numbers stamped on the rubber - i.e. 205/60R15 where 60 is the aspect ration.

So a bigger rim with a lower aspect ratio tire might be the same diameter as the smaller rim and tire combo, which is the important th> I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether or not I can switch winter

Reply to
lesandbob

Reply to
alyssa via CarKB.com