Tailgate Hinge Gasket/Seal Material?

Hi All, Well, if nothing else a hurrincane is good for helping pinpoint those water leaks...
My particular leak (87 CRX Si) is around the tailgate/hatchback
hinges. There are gaskets/seals that go between the hinges and the body but those aren't available anymore. My question is what would be a good substitute?
I'm thinking either smear some silicone sealer under the hinge plate or make a new gasket out of some material, but not sure what - perhaps an old bicycle inner tube? Or is there something else I should be looking for?
Thanks for any help/thoughts.
Dan
Dan Knaus wrote:

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com lists them for $2.11 each. This is for the '87 CRX Si with the manual 5 spd but I would be willing to bet that the gaskets are the same for all Si's that year. http://tinyurl.com/zura6 Note that there is a $5 handling charge so you may want to order some other items for your car to make it cost effective.
Eric